Tuesday, January 31, 2012

10 days...big photo post

I missed a couple of days as the rain and the lighting problem was just too much to be bothered with but as I took dozens of photos when the light was good I've popped a couple of substitutes in :).

22/366
Feral Tomatoes.  These self sowed courtesy of the hens. Great for a little snack whilst outside. Trying out the macro setting here. It took me a few tries to take a clear photo :).




23/366
Something to read while the rain comes down and the lights just don't illuminate enough for sewing.

24/366
Sustitute photo - actually taken 26/01 - the creek has receded a bit now as it was about 3m higher than this the day before when the bridge went under.


25/366
"That's right", says Joe "a poor horse can't have a rest around here when the sun finally peeks through for a bit!" 

26/366
Substitute photo - taken 27/01 - I've never seen these dragonflies before but they seem attracted to the Sallee Wattles. Hope they are a predator as Sallee Wattles are a pain! 

27/366
It's funny how many bugs/critters appear after the rain :). Above and below photos were taken on a walk along the road and I think we were all enjoying the lack of rain for an hour or so.

28/366
Heavy downpours again and I opened the bathroom window to call the cats in and spotted this. I did wonder how it managed to spin it but it looks beautiful encrusted with 'rain gems'. Photo cropped only.

Miss Maddy is a definite farm cat as it has to be really inclement weather for her to come inside!! Quilters - notice the hexagon patterns the raindrops make :). Both photos taken with the exterior light on and using flash mode. Makes the raindrops look like falling stars. 

29/366
Doodling with a purpose. This will be the guide for something I want to sew. Camera has a 'text' setting and I had to use it to take a clear photo of this. I'll know if anyone steals this off here as it has my notes scribbled around the edges and the fill in is of a material I'm thinking of using!

30/366
Here comes the sun.... washing day :D


31/366
The pleasures of being out of bed with the sparrows - 6am. Taken on 'sunset' camera setting to allow the colours to come through.

Thanks for visiting, hope you enjoyed the 'slideshow', and I'll try to post more often in future.
Cheers,
Robyn

5 comments:

Shirlwin said...

Some good shots there Robyn! The one of the horse is excellent. He seems to be saying,"C'm, cant a guy have a spell?"
Love your owl drawings!!

Tangos Treasures said...

Wow they are all awesome!!!

Sweet Pea said...

What a beautiful variety of photographs.
I spotted one of the same dragonfly in our garden in 2010.
I think it's a Libellulidae- rhyothemis graphipteral-Graphic Flutterer !!!
I managed to get a good photograph of it and everyone thought it was plastic!
And I haven't seen one since by the way.

Robyn G. said...

Oh yes, a fabulous lot of great photos!
Lots of favourites here :D

helly5 said...

Wonderful photos Robyn! I love the butterflies and the spiders web especially. :)